What to Plant:
Vegetables & Fruits:
Cool Weather Crops such as Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collards, Endive, Lettuce, Mustards, Onion, Radish, Strawberry and Turnips....If you have other preferences- Ask us we'll let you know!!
Trees: All Citrus &Tropical Fruits
Ageratum, Alyssum, Angelonia, Begonias, Blue Daze, Cat Whiskers, Coleus, Cosmos, Crossandra, Diamond Frost, Garden Mums, Gazania Daisy, Gerbera Daisy, Gomphrena, Heliconias, Impatien, Lobelia, Geraniums, Marigolds, Melampodium, MUMS, Nicotania, Ornamental Cabbage and Kale, Pentas, Torenia, Zinnia, Heather, Gingers, Pentas, Petunias, Snapdragons, Pansies, Porterweed, Purslane, Salvia, Sunflower, Verbena, Viola, Vinca and more.
Anise, Arugala, Basil, Chives, Coriander, Dill, Oregano, Cilantro, Parsley, Fennel, Rosemary, Lavenders, Sweet Marjoram, Nasturtium, Sage, Savory, Thyme and other favorites.
All Shade Trees-Mahogany, Oaks, Maples and Magnolias. Also Royal Poinciana, Cassia, Palms, Hibiscus, Jatropha and any other you have your heart set on!
What to Do:
- Remove yellowing foliage and repot as needed
- Wash away dust and bugs
- Keep Poinsettias in the dark at night- TURN OFF LIGHTS! Feed Weekly!
- Continue to fertilize with Busy Bee's Formula "B" and Jack's Classic
- VitaMix all for boost of vitality every 6 weeks
- Turn windowsill plants one-quarter weekly
- Fill empty spaces indoors with new plants
- Check for pest and treat appropriately (Systemic Insect Granules)
- Reduce watering of Christmas Cactus
- Submerge root balls in water to flush out pests
- Add Cool Season Plants to Hanging Baskets and Container Gardens
- Replant beds with Cool Season Plants
- Readjust stakings on trunks of trees for perfect fit
- Continue tree and shrub plantings
- Trim Garden Mums after Flowering
- Follow all planting instruction guidelines per Busy Bee recommendations!
- Roses-Trim and control black spot & mites FEED Monthly!
- Check gardens for signs of insect invasions(Squish or Spray!)
- Feed Outdoor Container Gardens with Busy Bee Blast and Vita Mix
- Check Tree staking after storms(MUST be secure for proper rooting)
- Control Caterpillars-Using Thuricide or Sevin
- Use Systemic Drench ONE Application EVERY 6-9 Months to Control Insects- much simpler than spraying!!!
- Feed Water Lilies monthly
- Feed Orchids, Bromeliads and Hanging Basket Plants every 2 Weeks
- Feed Palms and shrubs every 3 months (LAST TIME BY Mid November!)
- Feed and water growing or blooming cacti and succulents
- Turn Compost Piles every 2 weeks
- Replenish Mulches
- Control scale with oil sprays
- Divide Perennials and bulbs
- Move cold sensitive plants to warmer sites
- NOW is the time to Weed n' Feed our lawns to control weeds!
- Apply bait for Mole Crickets & Chinch Bugs
- Seed, plug or sod new lawns & fill in bare areas
- Treat Chinch Bugs & Sod Web Worms if needed
- Spot apply Killz-All to "hard to get rid of" weeds
- Apply Milorganite to stressed laws for quick greening
- Reduce watering in periods of heavy rains
- Irregular Shaped Dead Spots=Insect Problem
- Circular Shaped Dead Spots=Fungus Problem
- If necessary overseed with Ryegrass
The Green House:
- Transplant Root cuttings to containers
- Continue seeding for cool season flowers and vegetables
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with Jacks Classic and apply VitaMix
- COVER greenhouse with plastic and TEST Heaters
- Repot root bound foliage plants
- Check for signs of FUNGUS and spray accordingly
Vegetables and Fruits:
- Feed vegetables with Jacks 20-20-20 and Garden Tone MONTHLY
- Use VitaMix to boost vitality
- Harvest and ENJOY your maturing BOUNTIFUL harvests!!
- Citrus- treat Leaf Miner, Scale and Mites (Check often for signs of damage!) Water trees during drought to prevent cracking fruit
- Trellis or stake tall plants and climbing vines
- Monitor and control pests and fungus. Consult a Busy Bee Associate for appropriate treatment plan.
- Plant strawberry beds- PLANTS ARE HERE!!!!!!
- Turn compost piles every two weeks
- Complete feeding Bananas & Papayas monthly with Citrus Tone, Black Kow and apply VitaMix.
- Control Caterpillars with SEVIN or THURICIDE
- Feed Container Gardens Weekly with Jacks 20-20-20
- Build raised garden beds for plantings in wet areas and to combat Nematode problems