What to Plant:
Vegetables & Fruits:
Beans, Cantaloupe, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Okra, Pepper, Pumpkin, Southern Peas, Squash, Tomato, Strawberry and Watermelon ...If you have other preferences- Ask us we'll let you know!!
Trees: All Citrus &Tropical Fruits
Ageratum, Angelonia, Begonias, Blue Daze, Cat Whiskers, Cleome, Coleus, Cosmos, Crossandra, dahlia, Dusty Miller, Diamond Frost, Gazania Daisy, Gerbera Daisy, Gomphrena, Heliconias, Sunpatien, Lobelia, Geraniums, Marigolds, Melampodium, Pentas, Torenia, Zinnia, Heather, Gingers, Petunias, Snapdragons, Pansies, Porterweed, Salvia, Sunflower, Verbena, Vinca and more.
ROSES, ROSES AND MORE ROSES!!!
Anise, Arugula, Basil, Chives, Coriander, Dill, Oregano, Cilantro, Parsley, Fennel, Rosemary, Lavenders, Mints,Sweet Marjoram, Nasturtium, Sage, Savory, Thyme and other favorites.
All Shade Trees-Mahogany, Oaks, Maples and Magnolias. Also Royal Poinciana, Cassia, Palms, Hibiscus, Jatropha and any other you have your heart set on!
What to Do:
- Remove yellowing foliage and repot as needed
- Wash away dust and bugs
- Continue to fertilize with Busy Bee's Formula "B" and Jack's Classic
- VitaMix all for boost of vitality every 6 weeks
- Turn windowsill plants one-quarter weekly
- Fill empty spaces indoors with new plants
- Check for pest and treat appropriately (Systemic Insect Granules)
- Feed Orchids every 2 weeks
- Move "lanky plants" to brighter locations
- Apply Ironite or Milorganite to Iron deficient plants
- Follow all planting instruction guidelines per Busy Bee recommendations! USE THE ROOT STIMULATOR!!!
- Roses- Trim and control black spot & mites. FEED Monthly! Check gardens for signs of insect invasions (Squish or Spray!)
- Feed Outdoor Container Gardens with Formula "B" and Vitamix
- Check Tree staking after storms (MUST be secure for proper rooting)
- Control Caterpillars using Thuricide or Sevin
- Use Systemic Drench ONE Application EVERY 6 Months to Control Insects- much simpler than spraying!!!
- Feed Water Lilies monthly
- Feed Orchids, Bromeliads and Hanging Basket Plants every 2 Weeks
- Feed and water growing or blooming cacti and succulents
- Turn Compost Piles every 2 weeks add fallen leaves and prunings
- Replenish Mulches
- Control scale and mites with oil sprays
- Prune deciduous fruit trees and vines
- Trim seed heads and weak stems from Crape Myrtles
- Cut back shrubs and plants to promote new growth and make plants STRONGER
- NOW is the time to Weed n' Feed our lawns to control weeds!
- Apply bait for Mole Crickets & Chinch Bugs
- Seed, plug or sod new lawns & fill in bare areas
- Treat Chinch Bugs & Sod Web Worms with proper insecticides!
- Spot apply Kilz-All to "hard to get rid of" weeds
- Apply Milorganite to stressed laws for quick greening
- Reduce watering in periods of heavy rains
- Irregular Shaped Dead Spots- Insects as the Problem
- Circular Shaped Dead Spots- Fungus as the Problem
- Apply Spring feeding of 16-4-8 Fertilizer
- Water only 1-2 times per week in cooler temperatures/test irrigation system for proper workings.
- Rake out any brown grass left by the frost-apply top soil and seed
The Green House:
- Start seeds of cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, eggplant and peppers for Spring
- Start seeds for Spring flowers
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with Jacks Classic and apply VitaMix
- Repot root bound foliage plants
- Check for signs of FUNGUS and spray accordingly
- Transplant winter seedlings
- Control mites, mealybugs and aphids on ornamentals
- Move tropical plants into the landscape
- Store heaters and remove plastice greenhouse covers
Vegetables and Fruits:
- Feed vegetables with Jacks 20-20-20 and Garden Tone MONTHLY
- Use VitaMix to boost vitality
- Harvest and ENJOY your maturing BOUNTIFUL harvests!!
- Citrus- treat Leaf Miner, Scale and Mites (Check often for signs of damage!) Water trees during drought to prevent cracking fruit
- Trellis or stake tall plants and climbing vines
- Monitor and control pests and fungus consult a Busy Bee Associate for appropriate treatment plan.
- Plant strawberry beds
- Turn compost piles every two weeks
- Control Caterpillars with SEVIN OR THURICIDE
- Feed Container Gardens Weekly with Jack's 20-20-20
- Build raised garden beds for plantings in wet areas and to combat Nematode problem areas
- LOOK OUT!- The rats are moving in! Apply some rat block to discourage a growing population! They enjoy feeding on those tasty treats your growing!
- Prepare your Spring Planting Sites
- Till and enrich sandy soils with organic matter
- Sprout sweet potatoes for transplants
- Remove declining winter vegetables and replace with warm-season crops
- Feed all fruit-producing trees, shrubs and vines check with our Associates to see what is the best treatment plan